July 2011 – During the fall of 2010 and the spring of 2011, the Foundation was heavily involved in the reconstruction of the Juniper Island Wharf and the historic Pagoda which rests on the Wharf. The Wharf and the Pagoda were constructed in 1908 by the Government of Canada as part of the building of the Trent Canal (now the Trent-Severn Waterway). By 2010 the original Wharf had weakened considerably and the Pagoda was at risk of collapse. The Foundation contracted with Drain Bros. to carry out the work, which was completed in the spring of 2011. Funds were raised through a successful Wharf and Pagoda capital fundraising campaign. As reconstructed, the Wharf was decked in wood, as it had been originally. A range of early photographs illustrating the history of the buildings were installed in the Pagoda. The Wharf and Pagoda were re-opened in July 2011.